When a couple of people retrieved a body of a person who drowned at sea, what they saw wasn’t quite what anyone would expect.
Dozens Of Fish squeezed themselves out of a dead man’s neck once he was brought to show. These fish made their way in to the body through the neck area and were eating the body from inside out, unfortunately for them the body was recovered and brought to show before they could finish what they started.
this however the sad destiny of anyone who drowns in a sea, river or lake.
More than 60 people have died after a FlyDubai passenger jet smashed into the ground while attempting to land at a Russian airport.
Flight FZ981 was carrying 55 passengers and seven crew members from Dubai when it crashed at Rostov-on-Don airport around 4am Moscow time.
Four children were among those killed in the smash, which happened as the plane attempted to land for a second time in bad weather conditions. Thirty-three women and 18 men were also travelling.
The plane went up in flames after its tail hit the runway and disintegrated, a statement released by Russia’s Emergencies Ministry confirmed. Pilot error or a technological failure are thought to be the two main causes being investigated.
The aircraft, which was allegedly piloted by Cypriot Aristos Sokratous, was predominantly carrying Russian passengers, although eight Ukrainians, two Indians and one person from Uzbekistan were also on board.
Emergency services were this morning at the airport attempting to clear up the debris from the Boeing 737. Photographs showed officials standing in thick fog and rain as they scoured the crash site.
Meanwhile, relatives were pictured sobbing at the airport as FlyDubai began to contact families about the crash.
A statement from the aircraft said: ‘We are currently contacting relatives of the passengers and crew who were on board and we are offering any help we can to those affected.’
Nicos Anastasiade, president of Cyprus, also paid tribute Mr Sokratous, who leaves behind a child and was allegedly recently married.
Indonesian officials say 141 bodies have been recovered after a military transport plane crashed in a residential area of Medan on Tuesday.
The military says none of the 122 people on board the Hercules C-130 survived when it hit houses and a hotel before bursting into flames.
Many of the victims are thought to have been relatives of servicemen and women.
But the latest death toll indicates there were at least 19 people killed on the ground.
The BBC’s Alice Budisatrijo in Jakarta says the military has repeatedly revised the passenger list, a sign of how loosely the military keeps track of who gets on its planes.
It is also investigating whether some of those on board were paying passengers which is not permitted, she adds.
Police official Agustinus Tarigan told reporters at a Medan hospital on Wednesday morning that 141 bodies had been received.
One official told the Jakarta Globe newspaper that some of the victims were having to be identified by blood samples.
‘Fire and smoke’
The cause of the crash is not yet known, but witnesses said the plane appeared to run into trouble shortly after taking off from Medan – Indonesia’s third largest city – for Tanjung Pinang, an island off Sumatra.
“It passed overhead a few times, really low,” a witness named Elfrida Efi told the Reuters news agency.
“There was fire and black smoke. The third time it came by it crashed into the roof of the hotel and exploded straight away.”
Air Force head Agus Supriatna said on Tuesday that the pilot had asked to return to base because of technical difficulties.
“The plane crashed while it was turning right to return to the airport,” he said.
President Joko Widodo used Twitter to send his condolences to the families, wishing them “patience and strength”.
Engine trouble might have caused crash
Authorities are still investigating what caused the disaster. Supriatna said Wednesday that they suspect engine trouble might have been to blame.
Maj. Gen. Fuad Basya, an Indonesian military spokesman, had said Tuesday that the aircraft, built in the United States in the 1960s, had been inspected and cleared to fly before it took off from Medan.
Indonesian President Joko Widodo called for a review of military equipment in light of the disaster.
“Following several plane crashes, we should conduct a total audit and modernize the (old) planes,” Jokowi said, according to Indonesia’s national news agency, Antara.
Plane was carrying people, supplies between islands
The plane was carrying people and logistical supplies to bases on other Indonesian islands.
It began its multistop journey Tuesday in Jakarta, the capital, and had made two stops along the way to Medan, in Pekanbaru and Dumai. Sometimes, Indonesian civilians also hitch rides on military flights to get to islands which might otherwise be inaccessible.
The military has set up command posts in Jakarta and Medan to help the victims’ families, Supriatna said.
Antara reported that the plane hit a busy road that connects Medan with the highland tourist resort of Brastagi.
The crash site is about 5 kilometers (3 miles) from the air base, Basya said.
History of crashes
The Hercules transport plane was manufactured in 1964, but a military spokesman said he was convinced that it was in good condition.
This is the fourth crash involving the military in three years, says our correspondent, and many Indonesians are demanding an upgrade of its mostly outdated defence equipment.
It is also the second time in 10 years that a plane has crashed in Medan.
In September 2005, a Boeing 737 came down in a crowded residential area shortly after take-off from Medan’s Polonia airport, killing 143 people including 30 on the ground.
Indonesian military aircraft crashes since 2009:
April 2015: An F-16 fighter jet catches fire as it takes off from an airbase in Jakarta
March 2015: Two air force planes from an Indonesian aerobatics team crash during a practice session
November 2013: An army helicopter crashes near the Indonesian-Malaysian border, killing 13 people
August 2013: A door from a training helicopter falls onto a residential area of Jakarta
2012: Nine people killed after an Indonesian air force plane crashed into a housing complex in Jakarta
2009: Military transport plane carrying troops and their families crashed in Java, killing 98 people
Video comes just after a car bomb assassinated one of Egypt’s top prosecutors, Hisham Barakat, in Cairo
The new video shows how two militants pulled out machine guns and sprayed the judge’s car with bullets
The assassination of the three judges happened in al-Arish last month just hours after Mohammed Morsi was sentenced to death for his role in a mass jail breakout in the 2011 revolution
Following their shocking attack in Tunisia, ISIShave released a new video showing militants carrying out a deadly assassination of several high profile court judges in Egypt.The brutal video comes just hours after a car bomb killed one of Egypt’s top prosecutors, Hisham Barakat.
It is thought that ISIS’s Egyptian franchise, ISIS in the Sinai province, may have been responsible for the deadly blast.
Mr Barakat had been one of the key prosecutors for referring hundreds of alleged Islamists to trial following the trial of former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi two years ago.
Scroll down for videos
Egyptian security forces do their best to keep people off the blast site. It is believed the attack was the work of ISIS’s Egyptian franchise, ISIS in Sinai province
Firefighter attempt to douse the flames of the 4×4 cars which made up the convoy protecting Mr Barakat. In the foreground, the mangled remnants of the car used for bomb attack
Two of Mr Barakat’s guards and a local civilian were also injured in the blast, which claimed the live of one of Egypt’s top prosecutors
The bomb blast comes just over a month after three Egyptian court judges were assassinated in a horrific drive by shooting in Sinai province. ISIS claimed responsibility and released a shocking video of the attack
Initial reports from state media claimed that Hisham Barakat had only sustained ‘light’ injuries and that was being treated in hospital.
State media claimed that Mr Barakat had suffered injuries caused by flying glass after a bomb was detonated near his convoy in Heliopolis, Cairo.
It was announced this afternoon that Mr Barakat has since died from his wounds, leading to questions over whether the prosecutor’s death will lead to a decline in the number of people being put on trial for being alleged radical Islamists.
Pictures have since emerged of the devastating bomb blast, in which a car, packed with explosives was detonated near Mr Barakat’s convoy of heavy vehicles.
Local security staff and civilians inspect the remains of the bomb site. According to local sources, the attack may have been the actions of the ‘Giza Popular Resistance’
An early medical report from Health ministry spokesman Hossam Abdel Ghaffar had said that Mr Barakat had escaped with a dislocated shoulder, a deep cut and a suspected broken nose
Ripped apart in the blast, at five cars were destroyed in the attack, which reportedly took place on Mr Barakat’s route between his office and his home
The fresh attack comes after six Egyptian men were hanged after being found guilty of being Islamists and involved in terrorism
Hisham Barakat was being driven through the Cairo suburb of Heliopolis when his convoy was attacked by a suspected car bomb. Mr Barakat has since died from his wounds sustained in the blast
Egyptian general Prosecutor Hisham Barakat pictured visiting the site of an terror attack outside the Egyptian supreme court in March 2015. The explosion left 11 people wounded and one person critically injured
Several of the Egyptian prosecutor’s guards were badly injured in the blast as well as at least one civilian, who was near when the attack happened.
An early medical report from Health ministry spokesman Hossam Abdel Ghaffar had said that Mr Barakat had escaped with a dislocated shoulder, a deep cut and a suspected broken nose.
The death of Hishaam Barakat marks the highest senior state official to be killed since President Abdel Fateh al-Sisit took power. It will be a blow for the President’s campaign to round up members of the banned organisation the Muslim Brotherhood.
The Egyptian franchise of ISIS have developed a reputation for calculated assassinations of authority figures, targeting army and security personnel as well as members of Egypt’s judiciary.
In the video, the militants approach in an unidentified vehicle. The driver speeds up near a silver car, driving in the opposite lane on the motorway.
Two militants suddenly pull out machine guns and begin to spray the silver car with bullets, shattering the glass in the windows in the hail of rounds.
The militants appear to have good knowledge of their targets, shooting the three trapped judges repeatedly from their seats in their speeding vehicle.
Gruesome close up images of their victims bodies are shown, lying in the blood stained and bullet marked car.
The video appears to show the assassination of three high profile Egyptian court judges last month
TItled, ‘the Liquidation of judges’, the video shows the gunman carrying out the deadly attack in broad daylight
Bullets riddled across the side of their vehicle, the gunman appear to be well trained and professional in their shocking assassination attempt
Speeding off along the road, the ISIS gunmen escape and are believed to remain at large.
The assassination of the judges reportedly happened in al-Arish last month, just hours after deposed Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi was sentenced to death.
The video footage has only just been released, possibly delayed as part of ISIS’s propaganda strategy to publish its harrowing videos until it can gain maximum publicity.
The brief grainy footage appears to have been filmed on a mobile phone by one of the passengers in the militant’s car.
Armed with machine guns, the gunman spray the judge’s vehicle with bullets, smashing the windows and killing the three passengers
The brief grainy footage appears to have been filmed on a mobile phone by one of the passengers in the militant’s car
The renewed violence in Egypt comes after six ISIS linked militants were hanged recently and the government continues to crackdown on anyone linked to the banned Muslim Brotherhood.
The fresh bomb attack comes shortly after ISIS in Sinai called for more attacks in Egypt.
The renewed eruption of violence comes after six ISIS linked militants were hanged recently and the government continues to crackdown on anyone linked to the banned Muslim Brotherhood.
The new release comes only days after the Tunisian beach massacre, in which an ISIS linked gunman murdered as many as 38 holidaymakers in a shocking gun attack.
Fears remain that ISIS’s strategy to develop strong terror franchises may be taking off in the North African region, with ISIS backed militants continuing to be a threat in Libya and the worrying security problems in Tunisia.
Carcasses of wild beasts that have been shot dead or killed litter the muddied streets of Tbilisi as their great escape comes to a tragic end.
Flash flooding in the Georgian capital had destroyed the animal’s enclosures at Tbilisi zoo and turned it into a ‘hellish whirlpool’, leaving them free to roam the streets in scenes reminiscent of a Hollywood disaster movie.
Today, the clean-up operation began to clear the carcasses of bears, tigers and wolves that all lay in a heap in the murky sludge of the capital city’s streets.
But there was some welcome news as the hippopotamus that was cornered and subdued with a tranquilliser gun was returned to the zoo in good health.
Thirteen people have already died in the flash floods, including three workers who were employed at Tbilisi Zoo.
One of them was Guliko Chitadze, a zookeeper who lost an arm in an attack by a tiger last month. The husband of zookeeper Ms Chitadze also died in the flooding.
Clean up crews today discovered the body of an elderly man in his home, the Interior Ministry confirmed.
Residents have been warned to stay indoors and particularly away from the area next to the zoo as a number of wild beasts are still unaccounted for, with fears they could be wandering the hills of the Georgian capital.
The zoo was still trying to determine what had happened to four lions, three tigers and one jaguar that escaped.
Helicopters continued to circle the city hunting for big game to track down the hungry and dangerous animals.
Residents in the Georgian capital – home to around 1.1million people – fear they might attack as they become more desperate in their search for food.
Khariton Gabashvili said: ‘The daytime wasn’t bad. But everyone has to be very careful at night because all the beasts haven’t been captured.
‘They haven’t been fed and in their hungry state they might attack people.’
Davit Narmania, the mayor of Tbilisi, called the situation ‘very grave’.
The flooding also killed about 60 of 300 homeless dogs at a private shelter near the zoo, shelter staff said. Volunteers were working at the shelter on Monday to care for the remaining dogs and repair the kennels.
Police with rifles were still searching the hills off Tbilisi above the zoo looking for the escaped animals as the remains of a hyena shot dead lay in the nearby grounds of Tbilisi State University. It had chased one of the staff, according to a police officer, who then locked himself in a shed and called for help.
There were also reports of people using their hunting rifles to shoot animals they see and the zoo has urged authorities and members of the public to spare the animals instead of shooting them.
Tbilisi Zoo director Zurab Gurielidze said: ‘In the case of a predator attacking a man, its liquidation is understandable. But many cases have to be explained.
‘I know for sure there was no order to kill issued. Just maybe someone has exceeded the authority.’
He demanded an investigation into the shootings of zoo animals.
‘If a predator attacked a person, then it’s understandable, but there are cases that need looking into’, he said.
A post on the zoo’s Facebook page added: ‘We beg, if somewhere you see an animal, don’t kill it. Just call us.’
Mzia Sharashidze, a spokeswoman for Tbilisi Zoo, said that ‘a large part of the zoo is simply non-existent. It was turned into a hellish whirlpool’.
She said 20 wolves, eight lions and an unspecified number of tigers, jackals, bears and jaguars had been shot dead or were still missing from the zoo. ‘Only three out of our 17 penguins were saved,’ she added.
Six wolves were shot dead at a children’s hospital yesterday, as a bear was seen clinging on for life on an air conditioning unit of a second floor building above a flooded street.
Heavy rain began on Saturday evening, turning the Vere river that flows through the hilly city into a surging river that swept away cars and buildings, flooded squares and damaged power lines.
They also caused a landslide on the Tskneti-Betania road outside the capital. Sixteen people were rescued by police helicopter from Akhaldaba, outside Tbilisi, where the rains had damaged roads.
Several main roads were destroyed and half a dozen coffins in a city cemetery were washed out of the ground.
Rescue workers were searching submerged buildings yesterday to check for trapped residents and the clean-up operation resumed today with people working together to dig out cars wedged in the mud and clear the carcasses of the fallen beasts.
It is estimated the floods have caused £6.5million worth of damage.
The Georgian government declared today a day off from work and school while the search for the missing and the cleanup work went ahead in Tbilisi, a city of 1.1 million people.
Prague Zoo, which suffered from the devastating flooding that hit the Czech capital in 2002 and again in 2013, sent a team to Tbilisi today.
‘When we learned about the situation in Tbilisi Zoo, we started to work out how to help,’ Prague Zoo director Miroslav Bobek said. ‘Based on our experience with the floods, we decided to create a team of curators to travel to Georgia’s zoo to help take care of the animals.’
In a bizarre admission yesterday, the head of the Georgian Orthodox Church was quoted by the Inferfax news agency as blaming the floods on the ‘sin’ of Communists who he said built the zoo using money raised from melting down the monastery’s church bells.
Patriarch Ilia II said: ‘When Communists came to us in this country, they ordered that all crosses and bells of the churches be melted down and the money used to build the zoo.
‘The sin will not go without punishment. I am very sorry that Georgians fell so that a zoo was built at the expense of destroyed churches.’
Georgian President Giorgi Margvelashvili sent his condolences to the victims’ families as he visited the affected area to observe the clean-up operation.
‘The human losses that we have suffered are very hard to tolerate. I express my condolences to all the people who lost their relatives’, he said.
Today has been declared a national day of mourning.